Real Patriotism In America
27 September 2017
The essence of PATRIOTISM is doing your fair share to help support the public welfare of the nation you call your own.
That “fair share” can be in the form of:
(1) equitable taxation (not the case in the U.S. today, corporations are robbing the nation; that is what the Republican Party and most of the Democratic Party are paid to do); and/or
(2) accepting the hazards of military service, as well as national emergency services (like the Coast Guard with rescues at sea during storms); and/or
(3) working in the many occupations and agencies that maintain the well-being of the public (e.g., pubic health, family services, fire fighting, persevering as under-paid educators, some of the nation’s cops, etc.), and
(4) maintaining vital infrastructure (e.g., roads, bridges, airline safety).
While you are “free” to devote your life in the U.S.A. entirely to making money for yourself, it is definitely unpatriotic to:
(5) use your intelligence (i.e., college education, especially if from a publicly funded school, and all colleges get some public money),
(6) use your money-wealth (like Trump, the Koch brothers, and the “1%”), and
(7) use your corporate and political connections
to try to take money and opportunities away from the public by cornering markets, getting special subsidies, monopolizing essential markets (as the banking and insurance industry does today with “health care”), destroying middle- and lower- class occupations to your gain (“offshoring,” corporate buy-outs with pension fund raiding), and generally just being a selfish gouging son-of-a-bitch/daughter-of-a-bitch.
It is all obvious.
The truly patriotic attitude is “all for one and one for all” (the “all” meaning “all people,” the “for” meaning “pitching in to help” not “getting used and suckered,” and the “one” meaning YOU!).
The truly unpatriotic attitude is: I, me, mine, and to hell with you unless I can use you.
In brief, socialism (in democratic form) is patriotism.
People who “can’t” understand this are simply trying to dissemble to defend their intrinsic selfishness without appearing in public as what they really are: parasites.
The Real Inside Job
The Wall Street capitalism imposed by the banking and finance industries (FIRE: finance, insurance, real estate) is a gambling, loan sharking, shakedown and money laundering racket, with the US military as its international goon squad enforcement arm, which puts the muscle on the marks. Smedley Butler spelled it all out long ago.
While the US military is 60% to 90% parasitic economic bloat passing itself off as “patriotic service,” a minority of it is of substantial benefit to the public good. The US military and spying complex is the largest segment of American society that is 100% socialist, but in the Stalinist mold. There are lots of freeloaders in it, but there are also many unknown active duty military people and veterans who are national treasures of self-sacrifice and service for the public good.
Donald Trump, our parasite-in-chief, is a paragon of the character (lack of), culture (lack of) and moral squalor of the FIRE type of racketeers, high and low. These banksters, grifters, grafters and one-percenters divide people into two categories: the deserving (themselves) and the undeserving, which is everybody else. The undeserving are of two types: useful idiots (voluntary victims) and expendable slaves (involuntary victims).
The biggest “inside job” going on in the U.S.A. is that the FIRE racketeers have taken over the US government and are working to deepen their skim from the US Treasury and the public, under the feeble cover of Trump Bubble demagoguery.